Making it convenient for you to travel
We’re prioritizing your safety and peace of mind when you fly with us. That’s why we’ve partnered with testing provider LetsGetChecked and the VeriFLY™ health passport app to make it easier to prepare for your trip.
You must complete a test that complies with destination requirements. We recommend at-home testing from LetsGetChecked, which has a 48-hour turnaround time on average for test results.
Visit our partner site for pricing and testing information.
Redeem miles for test kits
AAdvantage® members can order at-home test kits from LetsGetChecked for 12,000 miles per kit. Contact AAdvantage® Customer Service at least 10 business days before your trip begins to place an order.
Call AAdvantage® Customer Service: 800-882-8880
- This offer is available to AAdvantage® members who reside in the United States
- You must provide an active reservation with tickets issued by American to be eligible for this offer
- You must call AAdvantage® Customer Service at least 10 business days before the start of the trip to place an order
- You may request 1 kit per traveler on the reservation
- If the reservation is for travel within the United States, you may request 1 additional kit for each traveler for testing prior to the return trip
- You must provide a shipping address within the United States to ship the order
- You must have enough AAdvantage® miles to process the entire order; partial payments are not accepted
- Orders are not confirmed until your AAdvantage® miles have been redeemed and the order has been successfully received by our testing partner, LetsGetChecked
- Order processing may take up to 48 hours and does not include shipment of the order
- Orders are fulfilled by our partner, LetsGetChecked, and use of the test kit, and LetsGetChecked’s provision of the testing services and the use of information that you provide to them, are subject to and governed by LetsGetChecked’s terms and conditions and privacy notices
- By placing an order, you understand and agree that American will share your name, flight and ticketing information, and shipping details, including the appropriate address, with LetsGetChecked to fulfill the order
- Test kit award redemption transactions are not eligible to be reinstated once processed
- American, at any time and for any reason, may choose to change this offer or end this offer without notice
VeriFLY™ is a secure health passport app for iOS and Android that makes it easier to manage your destination’s required travel tasks. Upload negative COVID-19 test results and forms for travel so you can streamline airport check-in (accepted for select destinations only).
VeriFLY™ is available for all flights to the U.S., and from the U.S. to select international destinations.
How it works
- Add your flight details to see entry requirements for your destination.
- Upload negative COVID-19 test results and completed forms required for travel.
- Receive a green check mark when your tasks are accepted and use it to pass through airport checkpoints.
Visit the VeriFLY™ website for more information.
Customers age 5 and older must have a negative COVID test to board a flight to Australia. You must complete testing within 72 hours of departure and can use LetsGetChecked or another approved testing provider.
At-home testing through LetsGetChecked is accepted and must be completed within 72 hours of your flight. Keep in mind that a quarantine period still applies.
LetsGetChecked is available for travel to Haiti, starting with flights on February 13.
Customers age 12 and older must provide a negative COVID-19 test result from within 10 days of their departure to Jamaica. The test must meet the standards of the Jamaican government.
VeriFLY™ is available for flights to Montego Bay (MBJ) and Kingston (KIN).
LetsGetChecked is available to customers age 5 and older flying to St. Lucia. You must complete testing within 7 days of your flight and provide a negative test result to board.
U.S. Virgin Islands
LetsGetChecked is available to customers age 5 and older. You must have a negative test result taken within 5 days of your departing flight or you’ll have to quarantine for 14 days.
LetsGetChecked is available if you're traveling to:
- El Salvador
Testing must be completed within 72 hours of departure.
VeriFLY™ is available if you're flying to:
- El Salvador
Customers must take 2 types of COVID-19 tests in the departure city of their direct flight to China. Keep in mind the Chinese embassy only accepts tests from approved labs, and it may take up to 72 hours to complete testing before travel.
To be exempt from the 10-day quarantine, you must provide a negative COVID-19 test. LetsGetChecked is available for flights to Hawaii, as well as in-person testing at select CareNow urgent care locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas (DFW) area. You can also use other test methods, but the state of Hawaii will only accept results from trusted testing and travel partners.
Kauai does not participate in the pre-travel testing program.
Keep in mind:
- Testing must be completed within 72 hours of your final departing flight.
- You must have your test result before boarding your flight to Hawaii or you’ll be required to quarantine for 10 days or the length of your stay, whichever is shorter.
- When you arrive in Hawaii, you’ll show the results from at-home or in-person testing to Hawaiian officials.
Be sure to check the latest Hawaii travel requirements before your trip.
- Hawaii travel requirements Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines.
- Travel requirements chart Opens a PDF on another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
Rapid testing at DFW
CareNow offers rapid testing onsite at Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) airport to select Hawaiian destinations. Be sure to add 1 extra hour to your normal check-in time for testing. If your trip doesn’t start in DFW, or includes a connection, we recommend using at-home testing offered by LetsGetChecked.
Keep in mind you won’t be allowed to fly if you test positive for COVID-19 on-site and will be responsible for any associated costs. We’ll rebook you on a flight at least 10 days after the date of your positive test.
To enter Canada, customers age 5 and older must have a negative COVID test. You must complete testing within 72 hours of departure and can use LetsGetChecked or another approved testing provider.
You can also use VeriFLY™ for flights to Canada.
You can use LetsGetChecked and VeriFLY™ for flights to other U.S. cities, states and territories. A negative test result can exempt you from a 14-day quarantine:
- Aspen, Colorado
- Chicago, Illinois
- New Mexico
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Washington, D.C.
Be sure to also check the local government’s travel requirements before you go.
Flights to the U.S.
As of January 26, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) requires all passengers flying to the U.S., including U.S. citizens, to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of departure, or documentation of recovery. This does not apply to children under 2 years old.
You can use VeriFLY™ to manage requirements and upload travel forms.
LetsGetChecked is available if you’re traveling to Brazil. You must have a negative test result from within 72 hours of your departing flight.
Starting February 8, 2021, you can also use VeriFLY™ for flights to Brazil.
LetsGetChecked is available if you’re traveling to Chile. You must have a negative test result within 72 hours of your departing flight, and you’ll also need to fill out all related forms.
You can also use VeriFLY™ for flights to Chile.
VeriFLY™ is available if you're flying to Colombia.
The UK now requires testing both before and after arrival, and you must show a negative COVID-19 test to fly into London Heathrow. For your mandatory testing after arrival in the UK, please book your travel testing package.
You can use VeriFLY™ to upload test results for flights to the U.K. For testing before you go, LetsGetChecked is available. You can also go to select CareNow clinics in Dallas / Fort Worth for offsite testing. Be sure to complete your COVID-19 test within 72 hours before your departing flight.
There may be other travel requirements for your destination. Entry requirements are updated often, so we recommend checking the most up-to-date information before your trip.